Vairão Holiday Camp
These facilities are located in a very old village, 8 km away from the municipality of Vila do Conde. Known as Vila Valeriani during the Roman occupation, Vairão still displays traces of this period.
This Centre functions in its main monument, Vairão Monastery, founded before 974 and equipped with 3 autonomous accommodation sectors (each with its own Animator room, dormitories with bunk beds and lockers, male and female toilet facilities and wash rooms), kitchen, refectory and self-service, day room, discotheque, games room, library, rooms for workshops, meetings and shows, a cloister and ample exterior space, swimming pool, tents, mountain bikes, audiovisual and technological equipment.
The participation fees include accommodation, meals at the camp (5 daily meals), activities, insurance, transport to activity locations and transport from Lisbon.
These activities are designed for the 6 to 16 years age group.
One week (8 days) holiday camps
- Period 1 – July 5th to July 12th;
- Period 2 – July 12th to July 19th;
- Period 3 – July 12th to July 26th;
- Period 4 – July 26th to August 2nd;
- Period 5 – August 2nd to August 9th;
- Period 6 – August 9th to August 16th;
- Period 7 – August 16th to August 23rd;
- Period 8 – August 23rd to August 30th .
You may select 2 consecutive periods from the 8 day programme.
In view of the current pandemic situation by Covid-19, we await indications from the Health Authorities and the Government on the holding of Holiday Camps in the summer of 2020.
Participation fees :
- APCC members – 263.00€ (one week holiday camp) or 446.00 (two week holiday camp);
- Non APCC members – 346.00€ (one week holiday camp) or 588.00 (two week holiday camp).
Siblings are entitled to a 5% discount on the respective participation fees .
These actions have the regular support of the Portuguese Institute for Sport and Youth (IPDJ).
The above-mentioned activities are licensed pursuant to section 5 of Decree-Law no 32/2011, of 7th March (Registration no. 145/DRLVT).